$3 Chie Mihara Boots!

I didn't know anything about Chie Mihara.  I know more after finding these boots at Goodwill As-Is.
Here's the story of my Chie Mihara boots.

I was an hour into shopping at GW As-Is. The shoe bin had just been rolled out. I was digging and fighting off agressors.  All of a sudden I felt soft leather and thought, "hmmm, that feels expensive." I pulled out these gems (the boots).  I saw the brand name, but that meant nothing to me at the time. On the bottom I saw European sizing and also made in Spain. As intriguing as the quality, condition and details seemed I still wasn't 100% positive I wanted to make the purchase. Instead of putting them down I carried them around for a bit.

Even if your interest in an item is vague, your best bet is to hold onto it until you are done shopping. Nine times out of ten it won't be where you left it when you change your mind. Why take the chance?

Also if you have a smart phone, you HAAAVE THE POWEEEER! When it was time to check out I googled the brand and immediately saw shoes and boots priced in the $200-$400 range. That pretty much sealed the deal. Even the dude at the register said, "Looks like you found yourself a great pair of boots!"

These types of finds happen rarely, but oh how exciting when they do!

12 comments:

  1. don't you just love finding gems like these? i love the little cut out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you so scored!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been lusting after Chie Mihar for awhile, but the price! You are the luckiest girl, plus I wear. Size 11 which makes the chances of finding them a goodwill even slimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. bahahahaha I TOTALLY just used the the He-Man reference video the other day! My brother is eight years older than I am, so he grew up with He-Man and Thundercats. I grew to love his toys as well, so I LOVED seeing the reference here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. we miss you!!! Are you okay?

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, what a score! I so wish we had this thing called 'throftstores". I'd be living in them! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. hah! "That feels expensivee." Love that you had to fight people off for these. Don't you love how aggressive bargain hunters get? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stumbled across your blog and it is amazing! Exactly the kind of bargain hunting we love to see! I grabbed a pair of leather boots for £3 the other day in our local vintage shop, no feeling like a real good bargain! JS x

    http://januarysublime.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. come back to us! what thrifted deals have you found lately?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Wrinkled Dollar: I miss you! Come back :)

    ReplyDelete