I started my day with some shopping at Value World with my mom. My plan was to go through every rack, but I ran out of gas about 1/2 way through. That place is huge! I got really excited at first, because I immediately found one of the items on my list -sweater vest-. I thought it was a sure sign of an amazing shopping experience, but sadly that was all I found.
Oh yeah, I forgot, before we went shopping I asked my mom if I could look through all of her old jewelry. The upside to having a mom who doesn't get rid of anything...is having mom who doesn't get rid of anything! I can always find an interesting piece in her collection and it is usually something she has had as long as she has had me (or longer). She also has some of my old stuff, which is fun to look at and reminisce. For example, take a look at this stellar accessory.
Later in the evening I drove to Ann Arbor to spend time with my friend Alex. We had coffee, baklava and Middle Eastern food. We popped into the Value World in Ann Arbor, but only 15 mins before closing time, which isn't enough time to really dig. Next time. I did however get a blue sweatshirt jacket from Alex. I like getting clothes that once belonged to my friends, because when I wear them they remind me of that person.
Today's feature item is an accessory that I originally bought for my Halloween costume last year when I dressed as Joan Halloway from mad men.
Black Clutch: I normally would not pick out this clutch, but I had been looking for 60's era ideas online for my costume and noticed that many of them had the fake snake/crocodile skin look, which is what led me to buy it. I normally pack all of my costume items away or immediately re-donate, but this one may get more use. It did last night! I took a crappy picture of the clutch and then did a crappy job cutting it out so the image isn't so hot. The picture of me holding it is a better representation of what it looks like.
I teased on the last post that I had two exciting blog announcements and one of them I would reveal yesterday. Since I didn't reveal anything yesterday I should do it today, but instead I will delay it another day (at least). How else can i keep you coming back? ;)
You remember who bought you those amazing earrings??
ReplyDeleteGreat clutch and outfit love the added red sash on your dress -very chic! xx veronika
ReplyDeleteThanks Veronika!
ReplyDeleteAnd yes David, I do remember, thanks! ;)