Check out these lyrics from "What is Hip" by Tower of Power:
So you wanna jump out yo trick bag,
Ease on into a hip bag.
But you ain't just exactly sure what's hip.
So you start to let your hair grow.
Spent big bucks on your wardrobe.
But somehow you know there's much more to the trip.
What is hip? Tell me tell me, if you think ya know.
What is hip? And if you're really hip, the passing years will show,
You into a hip trip, maybe hipper than hip.
But what is hip?.
How am I supposed to shop when I'm questioning the purpose of shopping itself? What is hip? I don't know! Is Tower of Power trying to tell me something?!
As you're striving to find the right road,
There's one thing you should know:
What's hip today might become passe'
Basically Tower of Power talked me out of buying anything today.
I don't know if black cords are hip, but I wore them the other day at the mall. I think hanging out at the mall used to be hip back when there were pay phones and you had to call your parents to pick you up.
Black Cords: I wear jeans a lot so I try to find other pants to switch up the game every once in awhile. I have to thank Jenny (again) for pointing these Black Cords out to me when we were shopping the clearance racks at Target.
What is hip? Tell me tell me if you think you know. Think about it y'all!
Hip, I believe it is a mixture of having your own personal style embellished with what is "in"/"trendy" and pulling it all together with confidence.
ReplyDeleteI love those black cords! I haven't worn them yet..i don't know what shoes to wear it with..I like that you're wearing with your grey boots.
ReplyDeletei love the pants, but i'm like the last person to know what 'hip' is. that's what this fashion blog is for, i'm trying to figure what it means for me personally! (i'm pretty sure that in order to achieve it, you need a big dose of confidence). :)
ReplyDeletewww.yogaandpencilskirts.blogspot.com
Yes confidence is definitely key! Gotta work on that one ;)!
ReplyDelete