I'm spending some quality time with my good friend Jenny, AKA my thrifting-partner-in-crime. We have a full day of thrifting tomorrow, which will include another adventure at Goodwill As-Is. Exciting.
The other day I checked out Thrift Town for the first time. It is HUUUGE! I was a little overwhelmed. My first impression was positive: large selection, decent prices, discount sales and a dressing room! I noticed that they also have sections called "better clothing", which I assume means nicer brands. The housewares and furniture were impressive. I need to explore more. Jenny and I will be going back tomorrow for the 50% off sale! Hopefully it is not too picked over by the time we get there.
Have you ever been to a Thrift Town? What do you think?
I wanted to take a quick second to show you this skirt I bought at Value World for $.50 ($1.00 with 50% off coupon).
Something about the pattern attracted my attention. I second guessed myself before buying, but eventually decided to give it a try...for 50 cents.
I like it paired with this knit top, a birthday gift from my mom from F21.
It is easy and fun to take a chance on an item when you are only spending wrinkled dollars. I'm not sure if this skirt is a wow-er, but I did feel good about the outfit walking down the street. I guess that's all that matters.
Maybe I felt good about the outfit, because I was wearing my favorite boots. I love my boots.
Time to rest. Bye.
i think it's a pretty amazing skirt! and it looks great on, so well worth the $.50! ; )
ReplyDeleteI love the skirt! I have a random idea. Would you want to do a thrift swap. I'll pick something out for you at a thrift store and you pick something out for me and then we'll send them to each other. For some reason that sounds awesome to me. Let me know if you want to!
ReplyDeleteWearing It On My Sleeves
Sarah, I would love to do that! Shoot me an e-mail and we can work out the details!
ReplyDelete