$3 Purse from SF Goodwill As-Is

There is no Goodwill Outlet in San Fran, but there is a Goodwill As-Is.

Goodwill As-Is looks just like the Outlet, a warehouse full of rolling blue bins, except it is much smaller. Instead of paying by weight, As-Is has set pricing by item type. For example, purses are marked $1-$3 depending on size, material, etc. The cashier makes a judgement call when you pay. They charged me $3 for this purse, most likely because of the size.


Items at Goodwill As-Is range from shoes, clothing, purses, household items, linens, etc. Not for the novice thrifter! As I reccommeded with the Outlet Store, it is best to bring gloves. From my experience nothing is dirty, but it is less icky when digging through the bins if your hands are protected. I was totally unprepared when I was there, tsk tsk. I saw two lovely young gentlemen who were obvious As-Is pros. I watched them dig up tons of great stuff. Needless to say, I will be back soon.


I don't know why the items at Goodwill As-Is are there. From what I could tell there was nothing wrong with them. I doubt they are items not bought from normal Goodwill Stores, because they don't have the Goodwill tags. My guess is they are just unsorted overstock. Next time I'll ask and let you know.


So this purse...
It is pretty sweet, no? I'm pretty pumped, because my computer easily fits inside. There are three large openings, which I find convenient for, um...separating things. Ha. The tag says Barneys New York. Whether it is real or not, I don't know. That is not my concern. It fulfills all of my purse needs: large, lots-o-pockets and cute. Also, I like that it is inexpensive. I get sick of purses quickly, with this one I'll feel less guilty.



Any questions about Goodwill As-Is?
Would you consider shopping there?
I promise to take a photo next time!

3 comments:

  1. Interesting.. I have never heard of a goodwill as is store. I'll be interested to see what you find out about it! Great find with the purse!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of good will as-is or outlets either... but the purse is cute - is it leather?

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, I don't even know if it is 'real' leather. Any sure fire ways of checking?

    ReplyDelete