Do I like this skirt? Oui!

Bonjour! Parlez vous Francais? Oui, oui.

Red Patterned Skirt: I found this skirt at Goodwill last Saturday (1st Saturday of the month = 50% off). It was originally $4.29, but I got it for $2.15! Now check this out - I was immedialty drawn to the pattern when I saw it on the rack, but almost put it back when I saw the size, 3 sizes too big! Do NOT trust sizes when thrifting! If you like the piece, take a chance and try it on, it may pay off! Loving this skirt for summer remixing.

INSPIRATION MONDAY (oops Thursday)
I'm about 4 days behind on this outfit. It is an interpretation of an outfit worn by Alexa Chung (pictured on the left), which was prompted by the gals over @ Two Birds. They just started a fun participation link-up called "Inspiration Monday". They post an image of an outfit and then other bloggers are encouraged to put together their own outfit using the image as inspiration. Pretty fun, right? They already posted next week's image. If you want to participate, check it out!

I think it is such a cool idea, because it forces you to look at your clothes in a totally different way. I NEVER would have thought to put this graphic tee with this skirt, but I really like the way it turned out! I think next week will be a bit of a challenge, but hopefully I can come up with something...



It was really windy during this photo shoot!

I got that purse for free at DSW on Black Friday the year before last. Well, free with a $40 purchase.



I had a short 1/2 hour last night to check out Vintage Vogue by GW. Click here to read yesterday's post incase you missed my blab-fest about this place.

So far I have to give this place two thumbs up. It is basically full of what I like to call "great finds". All those items you get super excited to find while thrifting are basically all pulled together in one location! I did a quick spot check for pricing and tops range anywhere from 4.99-10.99. Not too shabby. Plus, I found out that they steam the clothes before selling them, so they are in better condition than your regular Goodwill (they don't stink). Wrinkled dollars in mind I asked an associate about special sales. Good news, they have a 50% off rack that is rotated out every 4 weeks. Once an item has been in the store for 4 weeks it is marked 1/2 off.

Oui!

14 comments:

  1. Vintage vogue sounds pretty awesome; i wish there was something like that around here!

    And Oui Oui! I love the skirt!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does Vintage Vogue only exist in your area? Sounds great to me!

    That bag's about the best freebie I've ever seen! Usually those free bags or totes aren't anything special but that one actually looks beautiful! I think you've got good shopping karma. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this skirt and your interpretation of Alexa Chung's look. I had planned on participating in Inspiration Monday as well. Then I didn't. Since it is okay to link up until Saturday I think I'll wear my version tomorrow. Next week's look will be challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! I love the bold pencil skirt with the graphic tee.
    And I so wish that there was a Vintage Vogue by GW out here. I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've inspired me to look in the t-shirt section now, that's one of the best shirts I've seen! It also looks smashing paired with the printed skirt.

    I used to live around the corner from a Good Will in L.A., sadly we mainly have Salvation Armys here in Chicago, there is only one new Good Will here that doesn't have very good merch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this. I love all of your cheap finds, and that you tell us the price. This is one of my favorite looks, that skirt is really great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love your tee, love your skirt...love you version of alexa's outfit! seriously, one of my faves so far!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great skirt! J'adore :) I love both your inspired look and it's inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute!! THanks for sharing on Thrify Thursday! You rock the blue and black combo nicely :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. OUI, je parle français et je te dis :
    J'ADORE cette jupe!
    You look great, that skirt is so WOUAH!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always try on everything at the thrift store; sizes are so crazy that you can never trust the tag. That skirt is a great find, and the outfit is so cute!

    North Meets South

    ReplyDelete
  12. love it, the whole ensemble looks great! and I agree, sizes are so different, I rarely pa attention to them when thrifting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great take on the outfit. your skirt is very eyecatching and 50% off is brill!

    Daisy Dayz Home
    Cross-Jones-Photography Home

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you you have taken inspiration and used it to create your own look! And you look absolutely amazing!

    Monique xx

    misszuman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete