Inspiration Monday

First things first - I just found out that Elissa at Dress with Courage mentioned wrinkled dollar in her recent post about thrifting.

Elissa, THANK YOU for the shout out and kind words!

It is Inspiration Monday over at Two Birds. This week was quite a challenge. I gave up on two other outfits before I decided on this one.

And, here is the inspiration image, Diane Kruger



After I saw this photo I searched my closet for the following:

1. A blouse and a skirt similar in color
2. A wide belt
3. Boots that match the wide belt.

That's about it.



Two things I did as a result of this inspiration image that I typically wouldn't think of:

1. Wear boots and a skirt without tights.
2. Wear the same color for my top and bottom.



I'm mixing blue and black again as well, watch out!

Oh yeah, the featured item.

Short Sleeved Black Cardigan: I found this little cardigan at Goodwill the first Saturday in April...50% off, blah blah, you've all heard it before. If you haven't, you must be a new reader, welcome to wrinkled dollar! But seriously, it was new with tags still attached. The brand is Pink Rose, which I believe is from Macy's. I like having little cardigans like this around for summer evenings.

That's all I've got to say today. I'm going to read now. I'm in the middle of Game of Thrones. I'm trying to get the first book done before HBO premieres the series. I have a long way to go.

17 comments:

  1. You'll love Game of Thrones if you are ok with the fact that everyone has to have a certain amount of evil to live, and as a result the people who aren;t evil enough.... yeah. I'll stop there. Anyway, you'd be so proud. I went to Old Navy today and I had passed up this Owl necklace a couple of weeks ago because while it is cute, I don't necessarily need it. Well today all jewelry was 40% off and it turned out that it has matching earrings that come with a pair of studs. I am not sure what the tax was cause I also bought a super cute dress, but pretax, the necklace and two pairs of earrings came to $10.60, which I thought was all kinds of awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty - awesome deal! We will have to chat Game of Thrones when I am finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an awesome job. I love your combo and your top is so pretty. I am also loving your hair color too. :)

    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looove this outfit - that top and skirt look awesome together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how this turned out, you did great with the challenge! And your makeup looks extra pretty today!

    Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

    ReplyDelete
  6. This week's challenge was tough, but that blouse is gorgeous! And that blue looks fantastic on you!

    Jessica Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was blog hoppin' and found yours tonight...it's great! I am a thrifter myself although San Diego thrift stores are a lot higher in price! I would fall over if I ever found something for .90! You're beautiful and I can't wait to read more of your happenings! :)
    -Kate @irisinspired.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your take! it's like that shirt and skirt were made for each other!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so pretty in this outfit. You have such lovely skin and the dark colors show it off. I think you nailed the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. found you via "Thrifty and shameless". love your blog. nothing like a fellow thrifter to read daily!

    love the outfit by the way!

    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like your version a lot more than Diane Kruger`s - the hues are bolder and more flattering on your complexion.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Game of Thrones is such an awesome book/series!! I'm almost done with the 4th book, and the 5th comes out in July :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. love it! and you so look like a silver screen silent film star in the last pic!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am in love with your boots!

    Monique xx

    misszuman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete