Back with a $2.99 Outfit!

Hi guys. I kinda fell off the face of blog-earth over the last week. Everything is fine - just life getting in the way and since Real Life > Blog Life, I've been forced to neglect wrinkled dollar. I'm back now, although I may periodically duck out. I appreciate my readers very much and hope you will see me through this high stress time. I will be back full force once things cool down a little. With that said, I still plan to post, maybe just not as much as I have in the past.

So, let's get to it. Here's an outfit I wore last week when the weather still felt Spring-like. Miss you sun.



I purchased these white shorts on $.99 Goodwill Sunday. I'm pretty sure they were some little dude's tennis shorts in the 80's, but they fit well and are in great condition. I predict they will get some major wear this summer.



Do you <3 2 hate?

Here's the break down of this $2.99 outfit. The shorts, as mentioned above, are from Goodwill and the top is from the Disabled Veteran's Thrift Store.



The blouse is originally from New York & Co. It was 1/2 off at the DAV!



A very feminine outfit and one very vulnerable to stains. I'm quite clumsy. We'll see how long the shorts last. Even if I only get a few wears out of them I only paid $.99!

What items in your closet are you excited to wear this summer?
Do you have any luck keeping white clothing in good condition?

Have a great rest of the week!

11 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Glad everything is okay. Love that top, it's way cute! I'm mostly excited to wear my blowfish cork platforms/wedges :D

    Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Love this look and the Hair!!! Miss Ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool pic! I'm curious, though, why do you not price your accessories in your outfit? Still $3 for a top and shorts is awesome!!

    Oh. And, I LOOOOVEE white skirts/dresses and they are VERY hard to keep clean. I keep a Tide pen for stains and I wash IMMEDIATELY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that shirt! I wish I lived near that Disabled Vets store - you seem to get so many great deals from there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! You're back. Can't wait to see what other deals you find.

    And, I can't wear light colored clothes. Not only because I'm clumsy, but my boyfriend, his dad, and my dad are too. Seriously. My boyfriend and his dad managed to spill wine on me at a wedding and I was to the side of them. Wee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those shorts fit great, what an awesome score!

    I have been training myself to wear light colors and not destroy them. Seriously, I try for an hour, then a few more...

    ReplyDelete
  7. the white shorts are quite adorable - and such a steal!

    I hope the weather turns soon.

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  8. This outfit is adorable! Love seeing your thrifty finds!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woooo! What a fabulous outfit for so cheap!

    xoxo mama wolf.

    ReplyDelete