Coincidental White Blazer

I have to tell you a funny story about how I acquired this white blazer for zero dollars.



There are normally a few specific items I search for every time I go thrifting. The items change over time depending on what I've already found and new things I see and really want. It is almost like a fun challenge for myself. For example, I will see a purse in an advertisement or on a display at Target and I say to myself - I bet I can find something like that thrifting. Then, when I'm out thrifting I always look for that item until one day (hopefully) I find something.

Over the past month or so I have been looking for a White Blazer.



At work the other day my friend and I were discussing a possible thrifting excursion together before I head back to Indiana. I just so happened to mention during this conversation that I was currently on the hunt for a white blazer for Spring and Summer layering. She replied with, "I have a white blazer in my trunk right now". For a second I was really confused and looked at her like, huh what!? Turns out she had this blazer in a bag of clothing items that she was planning to donate to Goodwill.

Later that afternoon we took a quick break and headed out to her car to check out the blazer. She said she had it for years, but only wore it a few times. I was excited that it was in really great shape (hard to come by with white clothing) and fit well.

How funny that I mentioned I was looking for a white blazer and not only did she have one, but she had one that she didn't want AND it was currently in her trunk right outside. Strange coincidence or fate? Either way, I have a white blazer now.



I'm still looking for a red polka dot dress - anyone have one in their trunk?

13 comments:

  1. That's so awesome. The jacket was just meant to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a coincidence! True Story:I too have a list of things I look for at Goodwill, one of them being a Roomba. Then my Husband knew I wanted one, started talking to his co-worker about Roombas. She said she had one she didn't want and brought it to him the next day! Now I have a Roomba! And this happened yesterday! Weird

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooooove your scarf. i will now be on the hunt for one like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done!

    wanted to let you know I awarded you with a blog award. You can see it here: http://whatwouldamotherwear.blogspot.com/2011/05/my-favorite-skirt-plus-blog-award.html

    Thanks for bringing sunshine to my day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny I just got a white blazer from Value village this morning - okay, off white one but yes, really pretty like yours! Mine's only 3/4rth sleeves and lacy! but still work for the stylish business casual look I'm going for.

    That's amazing how you found your white blazer. What do they? IF you really really want something, the whole universe conspired to get it for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Only black polka dots. But it's yours if you want it :)

    Love the new blazer, you are going to get so much use of it this summer - it's just the perfect piece!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crazy story but cute blazer! It looks so crisp with this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh man i just wait for the day someone needs something out of my trunk. I have clothes in there, PACKED... even i need something from it even though i planned to donate it myself ha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a funny story! What great luck you had, it also fits you that well! You look stylish :)

    ReplyDelete