Double Dose #2: Blue Shorts & Gray High Waisted Skirt

Yesterday was busy. David and I were out and about all day preparing for his 30th birthday bash. We passed a bunch of garage sales, but there was no time to stop. Although I did break for a church rummage sale. You could fill a paper bag (grocery store size) and pay only $3! I only managed to find a sweater cardigan and a scarf and they asked a $1 for both. Works for me.

I checked the weather before we left the house so we could dress appropriately. Unfortunately I looked at Bloomington instead of Livonia (MI). It was like a 20 degree difference. We froze, especially on this windy bridge where we decided to take photos.



This is a little bridge over a busy road so people can easily cross the street. It is difficult to find good photo locations is this area...



On Friday David and I did a little shopping at Value World, which is where we both purchased our feature items.

Blue Shorts
This is one of two pairs of shorts that David found. He tried on one and they didn't fit. Since they were both the same size he was going to put both back assuming the other pair wouldn't fit either. I was like "Whoa whoa whoa, you need to try those on too". He did and they fit. I've said it before and I will say it again, NEVER trust size when shopping second-hand. Try everything on! I've bought things that read 3 sizes too big and 3 sizes too small and they ended up fitting.


Gray High Waisted Skirt
This skirt was regularly $.80. Not sure why. Maybe it is ugly. I like it though so who cares. Something about the fabric and shape is appealing to me. I purchased it with a belt attached, but took it off cus I have other wide belts I like better. One lame thing about Value World is that they do not have dressing rooms, which means you have to guess or discretely try it on over what you are currently wearing. My advice is to always were a tank so you can take off your shirt and try on tops (without risking indecent exposure). Also, I'm thinking that a skirt may be the best bet for the bottom half because you can slip pants on underneath. Sorry guys, you are out of luck unless you want to throw on a kilt.

Usually I gather all of the items I'm considering, bring them to a mirror (usually there is one somewhere in the store) and try everything on at one time.

Taking photos with my bro is fun.



Check out this photo of me mid fall. Posing is dangerous. I was able to catch the railing before any major damage was done.



The party last night was fun. Look for photos tomorrow. I woke up this morning at 10:00am and everyone was still sleeping. DAV Thrift Store waits for no one (according to Joe) so I pulled myself out of bed and headed over. I'm pretty excited about a retro Lacoste jacket I found.

Now I'm just hanging out dreading the return to work tomorrow. Isn't that what Sundays are for? Ha.

6 comments:

  1. Oh that is one awesome outfit! I love the red tights pulling it all together. And that skirt is far from ugly. I would've paid $10 for it! Well maybe not at a thrift store, but you know..;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that your bro takes pics with you. that is sooooo cool!

    love your new items! i hope your monday is fab!

    sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you and your brother had a great time! can't wait to see the party pictures tomorrow!

    Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you combined yellow and red, really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your red tights and the whole glamorous look you've got here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think the skirt is ugly at all! And why not for $.80??
    Places without dressing rooms are so annoying, you always have to remember to wear leggings and cammis, and you get the opportunity too see everyone who did NOT remember to dress accordingly.

    ReplyDelete