So here's the big reveal.

I decided to go as Rosie the Riveter, because it was easy and inexpensive! In total I spent less than $5 for the entire costume.
1. Shirt (borrowed from Joe) - Free
2. Pants (purchased at Goodwill) - $2.15
3. Scarf (Cut from a blouse purchased at Value World) - $2.00
4. Tool Belt (borrowed from Joe's dad) - Free
5. Old Power Drill (borrowed from my parents) - Free
David (my brother, the birthday boy) went as...THE David.

His costumes are always impressive, but he may have outdone himself this time. What do you guys think, amazing huh?
We had a great time with family and friends.

That's my mom in the photo with us above. I think her costume deserves a mention. She went as "Mommy Dearest" - note the wire hanger. By the way, my brother and I found her dress at Value World for $3.00.

I have so many more photos, but I will refrain from posting a million. BUT, here are (just) two more.
I also participated in Two Birds Inspiration Monday today, but only had a second to snap one photo.
Below is the inspiration image, miss Joey Potter (as I choose to remember her).

And below is my take. I don't have any high waisted Jeans so I just wore some flares. The rest was fairly simple, which I appreciated, because I didn't have much time this morning to think about my outfit. Thanks again Inspiration Monday for helping me get dressed.

Have a great week everyone!
Love your outfit. Much better than hers or mine. The electric blue purse is so cool and perfect.
ReplyDeleteDaphne.
http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com
the blue bag is fabulous...been wanting one that color. i love your version of the inspiration much better!
ReplyDeleterockoomph.blogspot.com
LOVE your brother's costume...he should really enter that into a contest! and, great deals as always!
ReplyDeletei love it all! your family has quite a flair for costumes...great job to everyone! and your outfit, great, as usual!
ReplyDeleteThumbs up to a fun and creative family! I love,love,love your guys outfits. The wire hanger, the pose with Mario, and that first photo of you as Rosie...all great. Like your take on inspiration monday, too. I've only found your blog recently but I am loving it. In fact, I'm spreading a little blog love around today. I was given the Blogger Luxury Award by Joandy of My Style by Joandy and I am now passing the award on to you! I'm not sure where the Luxury Blogger Award originated, but to me living below your means is a luxury because it's nice to have things you love without being stressed over how you're going to pay for them. You can find the rules for passing the award along on my post today, http://thriftygirlvintage.blogspot.com/2011/05/blogger-luxury-award-and-fifteen-frugal.html. Thanks for writing such an inspiring and fun blog! It makes me wish I had a Value World.
ReplyDeleteyou look fabulous! And I love the costume too, so vintage looking!
ReplyDeletelove~mongs
mythriftycloset.blogspot.com
Those costumes are great!!! Your brother is so creative it!
ReplyDeleteLove the Inspiration Monday outfit too!
Lidi @ Eclectic Flair
I think your take on the look beats Katie's own effort - gorgeous blue bag too.
ReplyDeletelove
Lori xo
http://loriswardrobeblog.blogspot.com/
i love your outfit, it looks planned and great.
ReplyDeletedaisy
http://achancefordaisy.blogspot.com
The picture of your brother, your mom and you in costume is fantastic, I really hope it someday has a prime spot on a mantel somewhere! But really your three costumes are great. Your brother's costume is hilarious and you really nailed (haha?) Rosie the Riveter. I did not mean for that to come out punny.
ReplyDelete