$.25 Clothing - Is it worth it? Yes!

One great thing about being in Michigan for the summer is Sunday mornings at the DAV. In case you forgot, select items are $.25. You really can't beat that price, can you? While I would like to go every weekend I've only been a handful of times in the last few months. It can take a lot out of you. The people there are...serious....about shopping. It is frightening sometimes.



You've gotta jump the crazy mountain-high piled clothing hurdles to get to the finish "check-out" line, which is what I did when I bought this lace-ish floral top. I actually left with 3 other $.25 items that day. Well worth it.



It is funny. Somedays I enjoy the craze; I gladly invite the adventure. Other days I think, get me the heck out of here! It must be the Gemini in me.



Let me provide some more detail to give you a better idea what I'm talking about. On Sunday mornings at the DAV, customers line up outside the front doors before the place even opens. Then, once it opens they push their way in grabbing one of the limited shopping carts and barreling directly for the far-side of the racks (where the $.25 items are). They proceed to stack piles AND piles of clothes in said carts, paying very little attention to what they are taking. I'm talking like stacks taller than them, really high. After their cart(s) is full they find a spot in the store to sift through all of the items to decide what they actually want to keep. The process is nuts. There are always creepers creeping up on the items I'm holding. You gotta stay strong, ha.



Have I turned you all onto the shopping experience yet? Who's free this Sunday!?

Anyway, I wore this top on Tuesday. I also wore it back in June (below) when I went strawberry picking. I've gotten quite a bit of wear out of it for just $.25!



I like it and I'd do it again AND I will!

4 comments:

  1. I really like this outfit. Brava! :)

    MonsieurM

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Salvation Army back on my parents' side of the island has "pulgueros", fleamarkets, in which they have things at .25, .10 cents. I get really excited about it and always end up getting stuff. It helped me get some clothes on the cheap while going through weight gain/loss. Plus, it's money that goes to a good cause!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm catching up on your blog posts and you just killed it with that shirt! The DAV by my home is so expensive! I wouldn't find anything for a quarter even if it had holes all over it:( And the necklace you are wearing is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i always enjoy seeing the deals you get, it's neat hearing what thrift stores are like in other people's cities. i'm not sure how well i'd fare at a place like this, so i commend you on finding some deals!

    ReplyDelete