25 Cent Blazer

Great Sunday. I'm so tired. The weather in Bloomington is beautiful. A high of 77 today. Joe and I took two walks and enjoyed the warm sun and crazy wind.

Velvet Blazer: This blazer is one of the (many) treasures I found at the DAV Thrift Store. I purchased it on Super Sunday. It was tagged with the 'color of the week' which means the price was only $.25 cents!

It is one of two pieces I have found thus far that can be used in my $1.00 outfit challenge (still in progress). The other being these $.25 cent shoes, also found at DAV.



Yikes, it is going to be difficult to stick to blogging this summer. I just want to enjoy the outdoors!

Frolicking.



By the way, my closet is ultra organized. Closet Clean-Out 2011 was very successful. Maybe I will share some photos in the coming days. Also, my kitty is improving. Thanks to everyone for your kind words!



I'm behind on a spotlight for the week, coming soon. For now I must sleep. Goodnight.

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous blazer! Looks so pretty on you! Can't wait to hear about this 1.00 outfit challenge, fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was excited about my $1 blazer finds, but this .25 one has me beat! And it's super cute - great color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chicago thrift stores are definitely way more expensive than Bloomington, there is no way I could find anything for 25 cents. There are items for a dollar but they're usually accessories like scarfs. Great blazer, it's the perfect transition piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that jacket. the colour is amazing :))))
    Nice outfit, and nice blog!
    I'm a your new follower!
    Hope you follow me back
    XoXo
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love! the color of the jacket looks great with your hair! wonderful find!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still waiting for the full post on the UO boots!

    Glad to hear your kitty is doing better. :D

    And I'd love to see pictures of the organized closet and what your strategy was for tossing out stuff and organizing.

    Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to hear you kitty is feeling better - my puppy has been under the weather and it's very stressful, I know.

    Great blazer - I agree with two birds, it looks stunning with your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 25 cent? thats amazing. Thrift shops in the UK are no where near this cheap, you can never get a serious bargain like that. will have to come out there to shop I think!

    Daisy Dayz Home
    Cross-Jones-Photography Home

    ReplyDelete
  9. sorry for the double commenting...we wanted to let you know we nominated you for the versatile blogger award!
    http://twobirdsboutique.blogspot.com/2011/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG i love your blog! just discovered it via Two Birds' blog :-) ... I have to get back into a thrift store ASAP!

    ReplyDelete