I'm back after an unplanned three day hiatus. The rain makes is pretty dang difficult to clothe myself in anything other than jeans and a cardigan. Also, the last thing I want to do is go outside in the rain to take photos. Unfortuantely the rain is not done; the weather report says we are getting dumped on M-TH.
A few things I want to say really quick:
1. Thank you for all of the fabulous costume ideas! I selected a bunch that I liked and thought about which have thrifting potential. There were some suggestions I loved, but time is too limited so will I put them on the backburner for potential Halloween ideas. I will of course post photos of the costume after the party next weekend!
2. This weekend Joe and I went to a Goodwill Outlet (again). There are three in Indianapolis, but we only went back to one - the least intimidating. We found some cool things! I would say we bought approximately 15 items (mostly small accessorie type things + some housewares and electronics). The total weight of was 3.75 lbs. At $.69 a lb our total bill was $2.59. Oh man, I'm glad this place is a 45 minute drive away, because I fear it could become addicting. I'll plan to show you some of things I found on an upcoming post this week.
Despite the weather I tried really hard to dress Spring-y in honor of Easter.
We were able to snap some photos during a rain break.
I pinned a pink decorative flower to my clutch. I've also worn it as a head band and a brooch.
I'm so happy to see green on the trees again!
You may be seeing a lot of my favorite umbrella this week.
Alright, let's feature something.
Light Summer Cardigan with Flower Detail: I often wear thin cardigans like this over sleeveless tops during cool summer evenings. This one was just $3.97 on clearance at Old Navy. I love the feminine detail. My guess is I'll wear it a lot - I kinda have already.
And now some important news. Today is my Dad's birthday! He is "53 and still cool as can be".
Here is a photo of him as a youngin - one of my favorites.
And, here is a recent one. Fatha & Daugtha.
Happy Birthday, Dad. Love you!
Hi, Dawn from Suitcase Vignettes, your outfit looks adorable on you and I love the pink flower pin...so versatile. Great idea. Happy Easter. Looking forward to Monday Inspiration. I have been to a goodwill outlet and went nuts. It was in Florida and I spent like 30 bucks...can u imagine what I bought?? Something for everybody. Dawn xo
ReplyDeleteI share your feelings about getting dressed on rainy days, and then having to take outfit photos too!
ReplyDeleteI made it my goal to have 365 photos at the end of this year and have been forcing myself out into rain and cold and all of that, like a crazy person.
I love your clear umbrella, I so want to get one of those!
Chic on the Cheap
sooooooo cute
ReplyDeletei love that umbrella! so cute! love the purple tights and shoes too .. awesome outfit ;-)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your dad.
ReplyDeleteI like that clutch flower and your umbrella and that thin sweater.
I have awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award :-)
ReplyDeletehttp://mozzarellamakeup.blogspot.com/2011/04/stylish-blogger-award.html
I will be 60 this Friday, so Happy birthday to your Dad. Loved the photo of your dad and his bug. I have one of me in 1972 standing next to my cute red bug in my cute plaid maxi and blazer. I still love clothes and you inspire me!!
ReplyDeleteSuper DUPER cute color combination - I might steal this sometime. (the idea, not the actual items, that would be weird) :)
ReplyDeleteYou have the most beautiful hair color. For real.
ReplyDeleteAsk the Duplex