Say Anything About My Blue Tights

Ever seen "Say Anything"? One of my faves. Do you remember that part where Lloyd Dobbler (John Cusack) says to his sister (Joan Cusack),

"Why can't you be in a good mood? How hard is it to decide to be in a good mood and be in a good mood once in a while?"

I don't have the answer (neither did Joan Cusack).

If you haven't figured it out yet, I'm feeling a little blah today. No reason in particular, just feeling a little stir crazy. In my experience working from home can make you a little batty. At the end of the day I crave a new environment, which is why I'm writing this post from a coffee shop.

I wore this outfit yesterday. I took a photo with my car, because it matched my tights.



The original plan was to feature my cardigan, but since I forgot to take a photo of it, I will feature these tights instead.



Footless Tights: These are Target tights that were clearanced out and then donated to Goodwill. I Got them for $1.99. There are so many Target donations at the Bloomington Goodwill stores!

That's all I've got for today.

I leave you with more Lloyd Dobler logic.

[on choosing a career]
How many of them really know what they want, though? I mean, a lot of them think they have to know, right? But inside they don't really know, so... I don't know, but I know that I don't know.

and

I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.

8 comments:

  1. love those blue tights, and i love Lloyd Dobbler! my favorite is when he says 'i gave her my heart and she gave me a pen' :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do know the film, and I know those lines well.
    I often ask myself that very question - why can't I just decide to be in a good mood?? How could it possibly be that hard?

    I may never know, but I do know that i love your skirt.

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Say Anything and I love those tights!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that movie when they are in the car and the music is playing. Plus when he is outside her window with the boomboX. Every girl deserves to be treated like that. Sorry you are depressed. I recently lost my job so I am not in the best of moods either. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. never seen the movie, but i am thinking i should now!
    i love what you said about getting stir crazy while working at home. i feel ya! though, i have a toddler at home with me, so that gives me a pass to visit a library, park, or some other place at least once a day! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pretty sure I have those tights!

    Jenny just informed me that this is your blog. So glad I discovered it! Thanks for following Big Mario, too. I'm now your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all, I love that last quote!! lol And second, I have those shoes! I got mine for $3 at Rue 21! How exciting. :) But those tights just really make the entire outfit! Thank you for being so inspiring! You remind me to get a little funky with my wardrobe, and you pull it off so well! -Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to watch that movie now! I know that boom box scene is classic pop culture, I just have never seen it!

    Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

    ReplyDelete