Vintage Vogue and My Fave Boots

Hey Bloomington, have you heard about Vintage Vogue by GW? If you live in Bloomington and love vintage then you are in luck! Goodwill Industries of Central Indiana just opened a boutique on Kirkwood (422 E. Kirkwood Ave, next door to Chipotle).

Here's the gist, Goodwill takes their vintage, vintage inspired and current brand name items and sells them at prices lower than your average vintage boutique. They typically have over 7,000 items in store including clothing, accessories, housewares, etc. They also have men's clothing.

The good news: If you have trouble sifting through the racks at your regular Goodwill, your struggles are no more! Vintage Vogue will do the dirty work for you!

Now, some of you hardcore thrifters (like myself) may be weary about this boutique. I understand your concern. My initial thought was, "oh great, they are stealing all the good stuff, now I won't find anything on 50% off Saturday and $.99 Sunday". That was until I found this very important information via the Vintage Vogue website.

- Vintage Vogue merchandise comes from selected Goodwill stores outside of the Bloomington area. These stores isolate a small portion of their upscale and vintage donations to send to Vintage Vogue.

- Special items and boutique merchandise can still be found at all of the 46 Goodwill locations in central Indiana.


Phew!

And, you can feel great about shopping at Vintage Vogue because revenues generated help fund employment and educational services in central Indiana!

Vintage Vogue is open Monday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-9 p.m and Sunday, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Sadly, I had a prior engagement and had to miss the grand opening yesterday. No fear, I'm going tonight and will be back with a full report tomorrow.

Here is some linkage:

Vintage Vogue website
Vintage Vogue facebook
Vintage Vogue tumblr

You can also read this article about Vintage Vogue via the Indiana Daily Student

Ok, now to keep some blog promises. Here's the feature about my favorite boots.

Boots from Urban Outfitters: Ok, $20 dollars is not really wrinkled dollar worthy, but if you knew how many visits I made to Urban Outfitters to stare at these boots you would understand why they are worth the extra cash. They were originally $69.50, waaaay too much for me to spend (I have a reputation to uphold). With that said, I almost broke down and got them.

So one day I went in Urban Outfitters (again) considering paying full price and to my surprise they were on clearance for $39.99. That same visit I saw a sign on the door. The following day was 1/2 off clearance for all Students between the hours of 4pm-10pm. Great right? Well bad news was Joe and had to leave Bloomington at 5pm the next day in order to get to the airport to catch a flight.

Okay this story is long, are you still with me people?



4:00pm the next day Joe and I hop in the car, suitcases packed and drive downtown. We can't find a parking spot so Joe drops me off at the door. There is already a line wrapped around the store. I meandered my way to the back, grabbed the boots (still there luckily) and immediately got in line. Once Joe found a spot (illegally parked) he joined me in line and we proceeded to wait 45 minutes to buy these boots for $20! Afterward we hopped in the car and drove straight to the airport.

Guess what? Our flight was cancelled. The things we do for deals.

12 comments:

  1. Worth. It. I would have done similar for the promise of perfect $20 boots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. totally worth it. and at least you didn't miss your flight, or miss out on getting the boots because you were worried about not getting to the airport on time.

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd would totally wait in line 45 minutes for those boots at that deal. You are my hero! I need to be more thrifty!

    Along Abbey Road

    ReplyDelete
  4. So totally worth it. I think $20 is still a steal compared to the original price?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best story about boots ever!!! It was written in the stars for you to have those boots. And you look great in them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been dying to know where you got those boots. They are seriously soooo awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh! I didn't know you were in Indiana too! I have GOT to get to Vintage Vogue. The thrifting here in Fort Wayne is horrid.

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Every dollar spent on this boots is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look super cute!! like it..

    http://lippylash.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. $20 is a total steal for boots and still wrinkled dollar worthy! it's worth it to pay a little more when it comes to anything you love and can wear a lot!

    Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

    ReplyDelete
  11. they look great on you, love that bag you have too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think $20 is OK when you know you're going to love the heck out of something. :) I spent an obscene amount on a pair of jeans 2 years ago but I wear them at least twice a week so feel like I got my money's worth.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete