Another relaxed outfit today. I just want to be cozy.
Lilac Belt: Belts at Goodwill are only 99 cents! This one had a black tag and black was the color of the week when I bought it, so it was only 50 cents! I really like the color, soft and subtle. I will try to pair it with a more interesting outfit in the future. Again, I just want to be cozy.
Can we get serious for a second? I had a really crappy day - just couldn't shake the blues. Everything felt wrong. You know that sinking pit in the stomach feeling? It wouldn't leave. I don't want to go into detail on the reasons why I felt so badly. (They are the basic woe is me downer blah blah crap). I'd rather tell you what got me feeling better.
My mom is a hospice nurse. It takes a special person to do her job. I could never. Many times I try to avoid talking about her work, because it is so sad. Today she was telling me a story and it really upset me. So much that I almost starting balling on the spot, but after I hung up the phone it was like my feelings about the day transformed. It is so important to put things in perspective. I immediately started to realize all of the great things that happened today that somehow got lost in my negativity.
1. had good conversation with my brother, best friend, great old friend and mom.
2. saw a great new friend at lunch.
3. realized how lucky I am to have such a patient husband (who puts up with me).
4. had an imromptu post work nap on the couch with Joe.
5. listened to music that really moved me.
6. Got some killer points in 'words with friends'.
Oh, I also got a card via snail mail yesterday from a very dear friend of mine, just because, love that.
I guess what I'm trying to say is, the future is not guaranteed and I don't want to waste my time feeling unhappy. I'm just another girl trying to look on the bright side of life! Please remind me tomorrow when I start complaining again. ;)
Oh I almost forgot. I'm so thankful for all of the support from my followers/commenters. Thanks for providing the motivation to post each day. I'm not sure if I could do it without you!
bye.
i just picked out a ralph lauren belt at gw for $1. steal!
ReplyDeleteand it's good to be thankful :)
Sorry you had a rough day. I've been having them a lot lately but I think it's the constant fluctuations in weathers and hormones. Reading blogs definitely cheers me up!
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry to hear your day started out so badly, I'm glad to hear you were able to change it around. Thank you for reminding us all to be thankful and happy with the good things we have, I needed that reminder!
ReplyDeleteLidi @ Eclectic Flair
I'm really sorry for you; it seems that bad days are all around :(
ReplyDeleteStill, I love your look; the color of your nail polish is really beautiful.
I'm glad that things picked up yesterday! I can't wait to see the new denim shirt after the 30 for 30!
ReplyDeleteOhhh this does look cozy! Love it! Im sorry about your day, we all have those, but at least you were able to turn it around AND look cute to boot! :)
ReplyDeleteSometimes it's so wonderful to think of all the little things that make life so special. Sounds like you've got lots of them! Isn't words with friends addicting??
ReplyDelete