$.64 Cent Dress!

Good News: I already have enough points to solidify a first place position in my work March Madness bracket tournament. Total winnings to equal $125.

Bad News: I just got back from taking my cat to the vet. She has a pulled ligament in her knee. Total $ damage (examination, ex-ray and pain meds) equaled $173.

Happy Monday, I'm in the hole $48.


Hi, I would like you to meet my bed head. These photos were taken after a 2 hour nap on Sunday. The nap was well worth the messy hair.



Striped Dress: I literally paid for this dress with change. It was only $.64 cents, I have witnesses! My best girl and her daughter were shopping with me at Value World a couple of weeks ago when I found it. I of course used the 50% off coupon. I don't know whether or not to call it 'vintage'. What's the criteria anyway? I can say it wasn't sold new in the last, mmmm 15-20 years? That is a guess, because the tag doesn't provide an clues. The condition is pretty sweet though and the striped pattern is fun!

I don't know, do you guys like it?

That's all I have to share. I need to tend to my poor cat - feel so bad for her right now. :(

20 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the dress and dang pocket change isn't even a wrinkled dollar. I'm impresseed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that dress on you and love the fact that it was only pocket change (literally!) I always have "nap hair" on the weekends...aren't weekends made for napping? :) Hope your kitty feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Ridiculous deal! Your poor kitty - sounds painful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whaaaat? 64 cents? That dress is so fabulous, and its coloring looks great on you. What an excellent find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dress! Even at full price, that's still a steal! Man, my thrift store is seriously overpriced. :) Some people say vintage is anything over 25 years old. Others say it's about clothes that are typical of an era. I say vintage is a state of mind. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely love it! Annnnnnd you can't beat a dress for that price! I bet you could remix it so many ways! Denim jacket, long cardigan, ahhhhh the possibilities are endless!! Can I just have it?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't explain how much I love this dress, it is so stunning. It is definitely one of the best dresses I have ever seen. It looks really expensive too which is why I was so shocked to read about the bargain price that you bought it for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It really looks amazing on you! I love the stitching on the sleeves especially, quirky little details like that are my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm really sorry for your cat, I know the feeling.
    About the dress, you look really good in it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this dress! love your deals! also, love the boots. but, i'm sorry about your cat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this dress! It fits you wonderfully. $0.64!? Girl...you have some serious skills.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a deal, that' a great dress.


    Miranda
    www.indcfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yes, vintage is considered 20 years for clothing... and that def looks vintage to me. I would totally wear it.

    And also, nap hair is the best! I wish I could get my hair looking nappy naturally!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE that dress!!!!!!! Oh I wish I found such a pretty vintage dress that fit me so perfectly. And for less than a buck?! Unbelievable!

    Oh and vintage has to be at least 20 years old.

    Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh and I'm sorry about your cat :(

    Hope he is feeling better soon!

    Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh your poor kitty. So sorry!
    That dress is fantastic! I love the colors and sleeves and the length. What a great find!
    Congrats on your bracket, mine is so busted thanks to KU's loss.

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE! The stripes are great - you'll be able to wear this with so many things! Finding the nearest ValueWorld right now...

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMYGOD, you look just like a friend of mine! :)

    Cute blogx

    ReplyDelete
  19. That dress is amazing!! And for only 64 cents?! Crazy!! It suits you so well too! Very cute indeed =)
    Following you now =D
    http://xrebelangelx.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just discovered your blog and love it!
    The thrifting deals you find are beyond amazing! This dress looks fantastic on you.

    ReplyDelete