Big Boy in Fashion

Have you guys ever been to a Big Boy? They are famous for their double decker burger (basically a Big Mac w/out onions) and most importantly their mascot "Big Boy" who sports red and white checked overalls. Personally, I'm partial to the breakfast buffet and chocolate shakes. I'm not sure if franchisees exist outside of the midwest, but the headquarters are in Warren MI. I thought this might be a fitting locale for photos because...

1. I'm still in Michigan and 2. I'm wearing a blue and white checked top.

Honestly I can't take credit for this Idea, it was all Joe.

Did I mention that it is right across the street from a thrift store? Big Boy keeps his eyes peeled when the towns folk make donations. He lets me know if anything awesome gets dropped off. That's how I find the deals. I'm revealing all my secrets tonight. Unfortunately Big Boy had no say in the price increase at this Salvation Army.

Oh yeah, my brother used to work at this Big Boy too. AND, he once dressed up as Big Boy for Halloween.

Anyway, this is what I wore today.


Blue Gingham (?) Top: This is one of my finds from last week. It is originally from GAP, but I found it at Value World. It was marked $3.20, but I had a 50% off coupon, which made it only $1.60. Gotta love it.




Hey Big Boy, thanks for having my back.




Like two peas in a pod.

13 comments:

  1. You look so cute! I love the gingham top. And what an adorable idea for a location. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That gingham top is a great find!! It'll probably be one of your main staples in your wardrobe:) And only a $1.60? right on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the shots with the bob's big boy! cute outfit, too! i'm a new reader and so glad i found your blog...i'm also a thrifter, so i will LOVE seeing what you score!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so many memories...I remember going to Big Boy with my parents when I was little! I have a few pictures of tiny me hugging Big Boy, haha. I think most of them closed down in CA...I haven't seen one in decades!

    I can't believe you scored a Gap gingham shirt for less than $2! It looks great on you and will be a great remixing item!

    Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I think I saw this guy on an episode of American Pickers (I think that's the show). He's all cute and vintage lookin'. And he's TOTALLY checking you out. Little weird.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That last photo is so cute, and I love that Big Boy is your inspiration for this post. We don't have those down here in FL (at least I've never seen one) but if I'm ever up north I'll be on the look-out. Im picturing your brother's costume and Im sure it was awesome.

    LOVE the awesome GAP gingham score.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this look, that shirt is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just found your blog today, and am I seriously glad that I did! I adore this look-- and I've loved perusing through your other posts too! You've definitely got a new reader here, lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the thrill of the thrift!

    Let's be blog buddies!
    Along Abbey Road

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love that shirt! what a great find. and you and big boy make a cute couple!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Umm okay I am in love with you 1. Because you mostly shop at thrift stores and look friggin awesome, I'm exactly the same. If it's more than five dollars I think I'm getting ripped off. 2. I just found a gingham shirt like this at the thrift store for $2 and now we can both laugh at all the other people that paid thirty for theirs. Oh sweet joy. New Follower
    Wearing It On My Sleeves

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just found you through Spoils of Wear - definitely adding to my Google Reader!

    Seeing your blog reminds me that I definitely need to get back to thrifting more often.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats my sister on over a 100 followers!!! :D

    ReplyDelete