If i were the king of the ooooffficce, with a woooooof and a wooooof.
This is what I wore on Thursday. Pretty simple. Nothing too exciting. Kinda wrinkly since I sat in it all day and took the photo after work. Please forgive?
What is exciting is the deal I got on these pants!
Gray Velvet Dress Pants: These are from the GAP Outlet. They were on the clearance rack, of course. I was floored when I saw the price tag - look at all the pretty colors! I peeled off all of the tags to see the progression of mark downs. This is how it went.
$44.99 - $16.99 - $9.99 - $7.97 - $4.97.
Love it!
There was a black pair too, but I liked the gray better.
This week's FBFF is about finding the balance between life and blogging. Go to Modly Chic to see other responses!
1. When it comes to prioritizing your life, in what place does blogging fall?
This is a hard question. It is really not a priority over things like family, friends and work, but I have been choosing it over some of my other hobbies lately. I'm trying to find a good balance so I can make some time to spend on (non-fashion) photography, crocheting, reading, attempting to write music and exercise. Yes, blogging has been a really great excuse to NOT work out...eek.
2. We all wish we had more free time to dedicate to blogging and all it entails. What are your tricks for taking advantage of the time you do have to be as productive as possible?
I like to post individual pictures of clothing items on top of an image of me wearing the item. This editing process takes a little longer than simply posting one photo. To make it more manageable I try to plan ahead. On the weekends I spend time taking photos of the clothing items I want to feature in the near future. I log them into a spreadsheet with all of the details (where I bought it, for how much, was it on sale/clearance, etc). When I'm ready to do a post I can easily grab the item image, toss it together with the photo of me wearing it, quickly look up the price, throw down the wrinkled dollar and then pull them all together (using Indesign). A lot of pre-work on the weekends saves a lot of time during the work week.
3. Have you discovered any short-cuts that makes blogging easier or more time efficient?
Sometimes I write my post in a word doc or e-mail draft and paste into blogger when it is complete. I'm not sure why it is more time efficient, but it seems to help me. Other than that, I'm at a loss. I need to read other responses to this question, because I obviously need help with blogging efficiency.
4. Do you have an editorial calendar or something similar that helps you plan ahead?
No, but I'm curious to see how others use an editorial calendar. The only thing I use is my master clothing spreadsheet (mentioned above), but I don't ever plan my outfits in advance. I decide every morning what to wear and try my best to incorporate an item I would like to feature on the blog.
5. If time wasn’t an issue what would you be doing on your blog/for your blog that you aren’t doing now?
Ugh, so many things. There are some DIY projects that I have on the back-burner and also a couple tutorials I've been planning to share...eventually. Crocheting is a hobby that I would like to showcase on wrinkled dollar, but I haven't had ANY time to pick up a hook. I would like to post more informative posts with useful tips. Lastly (and most importantly) I wish I had more time to read and comment on everyone else's posts.
I'm done with the next wrinkled dollar spotlight. Look for the post tomorrow!
I love your spreadsheet idea! I've always thought that people who post their outfit items separately are super on top of it, plus it's really helpful to see each item on its own to fully appreciate how it's been mixed together. I'm totally going to try to incorporate this soon!
ReplyDeleteI really like those pants; they seem to be the perfect casual cut. And what a steal! I love when you can figure out the extreme markdowns of an item you love. PS: good choice to go with gray over black -- it's mucho versatile.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE those pants!! And they look great on you! Congrats on snagging that fantastic deal.
ReplyDelete4.97? Seriously?? SCORE!
ReplyDeleteLidi @ Eclectic Flair
Aww, what a great steal on those pants! I love it when they leave the other prices on... because you see what a great deal you're getting! Hehe! :)
ReplyDeletei love love love peeling back the prices on clearance items and seeing all the stages of markdowns! such a high for frugal girls :)
ReplyDeletesuper super cute! i want ur pants! :)
ReplyDeletenatalieoffduty.blogspot.com
I'm loving all the Friend friday answers this week.. so many other things to do to manage the blog.. such little time!! anyway, great answers and I love those pants.. what a deal too.. I love deals like that!!
ReplyDeletenice to meet you and I look forward to seeing other great outfits!! xoxo Jodi
Wow! it's a great collection.And those photos are super stunning!
ReplyDeletemen fashion
men fashion
Thanks