Red Wool Pencil Skirt - $.90 Cents!

No activity to report this evening. I was suppossed to go thrifting with Joe's cousin Sarah, but I canceled so I could stay in with Annyong (my cat) who unfortunately is still not doing very well.

A little while back I mentioned how I bought a $.90 cent skirt. Well, here it is.


Red Wool Pencil Skirt: Not much to say about this one. I found it sifting through the racks at Value World. $.90 cents was the actual price marked on the tag, no discount. Gotta love Value World for their everyday low prices.

Is it a faux pas to wear wool in Spring? I'm not sure that I care. I figure as long as I sneak it in before April I should be okay. I really wanted to get at least one wear in before the weather turns and it goes up on the shelf until late fall.

I've been living out of a suitcase/laundry basket for almost 4 straight weeks and I'm on the verge of going nutso. Back to Bloomington this weekend. I will miss my family and friends, but it will be nice to sleep in my own bed and dress from my own closet. Most importantly (ok maybe not) I will be back for the 'first Saturday of the month' sale at Goodwill!

A pencil skirt may be the easiest article of clothing to find thrifting. If you are a thrift novice I reccomend making a pencil skirt your first conquest. Get your feet wet. There are soooo many in soooo many sizes and colors.

Thanks mom for taking my photos today!

In case you missed them before you can read about my top (here) and my scarf (here). My tights are from Banana Republic Outlet, probably at least 3 years back. My shoes are from Urban Outfitters clearance, $9.99.



Gonna stream something on Netflix now. Later.

13 comments:

  1. What a great bargain! I love finding deals like that. I think wearing wool right now is totally appropriate. I feel like if the temperatures are 50 or less, than that's totally appropriate:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Land's End makes sleeveless cashmere. it depends on how you wear it. That and it can be freezing here in July and 90 in October, so I dress according to the weather report and not the proximity to Memorial Day and Labor Day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT DEAL! and i love how lovely and organized your blog is. the pictures are so great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That really might be the best 90 cent purchase ever!

    (If you're interested, I'm hosting a giveaway - swing by!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that skirt is great! You couldn't make a skirt for that little if you tried. You've clearly got some awesome thrift stores in your area!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so envy all your pencil skirts! And I seem to have a difficult time finding them for me. Must be the size difference...cause I sure see them smaller than I can wear! I did pick up 3 skirts today at Goodwill on 50% off though. $1.99 each and they will all wear well to the office. Gotta love that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh this was a great find! I have only one pencil skirt but I'm realizing that I need to stock up on more, a red one like yours being at the top of the list. Also... Annyong as in Hello, Arrested Development? I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear your cat is still not doing better. :( I'm wishing him a speedy recovery.

    That's a fab pencil skirt and I love the shoes!

    Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

    ReplyDelete
  9. This outfit is very classy and pretty. It makes it even better that you found it for such a score!

    xoxo mama wolf

    p.s. i'm your newest follower! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a steal!

    (get better, Kitty...)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your outfit! I really need to go thrifting with you cause I love your finds!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loooove your skirt, amazing purchase!
    I really like your blog, sooooo inspiring! Following! Follow back? <3

    ReplyDelete