13/30: Gold Cowl and FBFF

I'm on outfit 13 and it is a full moon...creepy.

In all seriousness, have you seen the moon tonight? It is so large, bright and pretty. A perfect sphere in the dark sky.

Gold Cowl: Jcrew Outlet clearance - sometimes you can find great deals, sometimes you can't. The day I found this cowl I was pretty pumped because it was already marked down and then I took another 30% off (I think). Either way, it was $6.98 all said and done, which I think is a great price for the quality, plus I wear it a lot, maybe too often. I wore it a little bit different here.



Today's Fashion/Beauty Friend Friday is about body image. Head over to Modly Chic to see what others are saying.

1. Since you started blogging has your image of yourself changed?
I just started recently so maybe overtime I will see a more obvious change in my self image, but so far I feel pretty much the same.

2. Are you self-conscious about any aspect of yourself? If so, do you go out of your way to avoid it or do you post it/talk about it anyway?
Of course I am, isn’t everyone? For the most part I don’t discuss my insecurities, because I rather not dwell on or draw attention to them. I used to whine a lot about things I was unhappy with (and probably still do quite a bit to my husband), but once you fix one of those things, you will find a new one to obsess about, so why give into the vicious cycle?

3. Based on how you are feeling now, what do you think the future holds in the evolution of your body image?
Some of my body image issues are a result of getting older so I imagine those may increase in the future, but I’m trying to work through those fears now so I can gracefully accept aging – I’m only 27, but time flies. Considering the more near future, I think blogging will help to improve my body image, because it forces me to get dressed, put on makeup, do my hair, etc, which makes a huge difference in how I feel on a daily basis.

4. Do you photograph yourself for your blog? If so, how do you feel about the experience when you're having your picture taken? If you choose not to post pictures of yourself, what prompted that decision?
The picture taking experience is pretty rough. People tell me I’m photogenic and I laugh, because they don’t see the 200 outtakes. Sometimes I am happy about the way I come across in photos and other times I feel like giving up altogether. Taking a photo everyday really forces you to examine your face/body from different angles & in different light, for better or for worse. In the end you have to make yourself believe that in reality you always look like the one picture that turned out – ha. It is okay to be delusional sometimes if it keeps you happy…right?

5. What would you want every person who struggles with body image to take to heart?
You are your worst critic! The so-called flaws you obsess over probably go unnoticed to others. Instead of focusing on what you don’t like, try to accentuate what you do! Hold your head high and be confident – people will notice a difference and wonder if you changed your hair…or something. Love and take care of your body – it’s the only one you’ve got!

Happy birthday to my kitty, Annyong who turns 4 today.

7 comments:

  1. i'm a 200 picture kind of gal, too. love this cowl and i'm so jealous that you got it for $6.98!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color combo of this outfit! Also, I have to ask...is your cat's name an Arrested Development reference? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers and happy bday to your cat! so cute!

    Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone! So apparently I thought the cowl was green yesterday, but I decided today that it is gold. I think I may be partially color blind or something. ;)

    @kimbercrafts - yes it is! I love Arrested Development!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the Arrested Dvlpment reference, and this classic outfit. and the general thriftyness of your blog.

    ReplyDelete