27/30: San Fran

We made it to San Francisco!

I'm a little low on resources while I'm on vacation. Outfit 27 of 30 is being brought to you today by the self-timer on my point and shoot.



Pretty cool view, huh? well it gets cooler.



Oh yes my friends, a beautiful view of Banana Republic.

Mufasa: Look, Jessica. Everything the light touches is your shopping kingdom.



ahem...(tapping microphone)...no Lion King fans here?

Anyway, around the corner is H&M and American Apparel. I'm kinda loving this hotel location.

So today has been a pretty chill day. I spent most of my time walking around window shopping, but I did check out the SFMOMA, which was pretty awesome!

In an effort to be positive I decided to tell you all of the good things before the bad. I guess it doesn't matter now anyway, because everything worked out. BUT, just in case you are interested, here's my story...

Joe and I were SUPPOSED to fly from Indy to Minneapolis then to San Fran. Our Flight to Minneapolis had a long delay so they had to redirect all connections. We were moved to a flight going to LAX, then would have to switch airlines to get to San Fran from there. Ok, we can handle that. At that point we would still get into town around the same time as the original plan. THEN, there was a mechanical issue with the plane and we had to wait 45 minutes on board while the issues were resolved. By the time we got in the air our estimated landing time in LAX was 10:05 and our connection to San Fran was departing at 10:25 (in a different terminal). We still had hope until we landed and there was no gate available for our plane. we taxied for another 45 minutes before we could exit. You can imagine our frustration at this point. After waiting in a long line to reschedule a flight for the next morning, we got to bed in our (free) hotel room at 12:30am and had to wake up at 3:30am to go back to the airport.

Did you seriously read all of that? Sorry. To make a long story short, it sucked, but we recovered. Please refer to the first sentence of this post.

Despite all of the travel frustration I'm truly happy to be here right now. And, if it wasn't for our messed up delays we wouldn't have flown in to San Fran just after sunrise and had the opportunity to see these awesome aerial views.





Oh yeah, I also met a new friend on our horrendous flight from IND-LAX. Love that. Her presence helped ease some of the stress.

I'm pretty tired, but I'm pushing through. Joe just got back from his conference so I have to go meet him at the hotel.

Back to LA tomorrow evening...see you then.

(please stay tuned - normal wrinkled dollar format will return post-vacay)

5 comments:

  1. i'm leaving for san fran tomorrow! hoe funny :) hold the fort down until i get there? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh that lion king reference totally cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing views and i love those tights :)
    http://insidekatouscloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, loved the the lion king reference!! And those tights are so much fun!

    Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

    ReplyDelete