30 x 30 Recap

We made it back to Indiana and then to Michigan. We had much better luck this time around with our flight, thankfully.

I finally found time to put together my 30x30 recap.



It is fun to see it all together. Looks pretty obvious to me that I started to get the hang of it toward the end.

My favorites are: 8, 11, 20, 21, 22 and 27...I think.

I wish I could have a re-do on 4 and 18.

Some of my favorite items to remix:

Yellow Skirt
















Gray Blazer
















Gray Dress















After reading some other 30x30 recaps I'm realizing many people came to similar conclusions; some items I thought were versatile, were not, and some items I thought were difficult to pair actually worked more often than not. I tried to balance the number of times I wore each item, but there were some I barely wore once.

The best thing about the challenge - it forced me to get dressed everyday

The worst thing about the challenge - the no shopping rule stinks! I may have cheated a few times. Come on, this is wrinkled dollar, I can't pass up a good deal!?

What I'm taking away from the challenge - Accessories can make an outfit feel fresh. Also, be brave when pairing colors. If you believe, others will too.

What I would do differently next time - Avoid items because they appear 'safe'. Choose pieces that I love and figure out how to make them work together.

Honestly the hardest part of the 30x30 was taking a photo EVERYDAY. I definitely learned a lot about myself, that's for sure. Some days were good and some days were...not so good, but I did it and I'm proud.

That's that.

Tomorrow it is back to featuring items I bought with wrinkled dollars.

But before I go, a quick tip: Check your junk mail for coupons! Look what I found today.




bye.

P.S. a new wrinkled dollar spotlight coming soon...

11 comments:

  1. I love your mustard skirt mixes! congrats on finishing the 30x30!

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness, I love all your outfits. Well done I love the way your organize the 30 too. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it all! I seriously need to do this 30 for 30..looks like a bit of a challenge, and a lot of fun! Congrats on finishing!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved following your 30x30; my favorite clothing item was the grey dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on finishing the challenge!! you did great and enjoy shopping now! :)

    cute and little

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I went thrifting today. Goodwill was half off white tags and men's long sleeves were 2.00 off I spent under 20$ and got quite a bit including 3 pairs of sunglasses. Excited to take a pic and send it to ya.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the recap and I totally agree, the hardest part is taking a picture every.frickin.day.

    Lidi @ Eclectic Flair

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohoo, congrats on finishing the 30 for 30! I am on the hunt for a similar yellow skirt. I love how you've styled it!

    ReplyDelete