Checking out the 10 day forecast in LA, it looks like it will be in the high 60's low 70's. Maybe I can get away with wearing some of my lighter items without a sweater. I'm guessing the weather in San Fran will be cold enough that I will need some of the heavier items. Sounds like I'm going to plan the outfits in advance. I'll be traveling without my DSLR so the pics will probably leave something to be desired, but that is a sacrifice I'll make for a mini vacay.
I don't want to get ahead of myself. It is still Monday and I'm still on 23 of 30
I'm beginning to run out of items to feature.
Brown Flower: I bought this flower at the equivalent of a jewelry dollar store. It's from a place called Glitter that used to be in the mall here in Bloomington, but has since closed down. The back has a hair tie and a clip so you can put it in your hair or use it as a brooch. Not too shabby for $.99.
By the way, I'm the sad victim of a pricker bush attack at today's photo location. I'm now risking injury for wrinkled dollar.
THRIFT TIP: I thought of another thrift tip today. The plan is to add it to the original list and then eventually create a tips page. I also want to add some of the great tips you guys shared in the comments section of the original post. One fine day I will have time.
Anyway - here's the tip.
Good Looking Out: Since most thrift stores do not have scanning capabilities, the cashier usually punches in the total of each item by hand. Typically items will be priced by style, for example sleeveless tops are 2.99, long sleeve tops are 4.29, etc. Make sure that you are not distracted during checkout! Keep your eye on the amounts that are being punched in for each item, because it is very easy to mistake one style for another. This can sometimes work to your advantage (I once bought a pair of boots and the cashier rang them up at the shoe price) or your disadvantage (I once bought a sleevless top and was charged the blouse price). This is not a tip on good morals; whether you decide to point out an undercharge is up to you!
Bye!
Cute outfit and I love the subtle girly-ness the brown flower adds!
ReplyDeleteYou'll be in my area! Do you guys have any exciting plans while in LA?
Lidi @ Eclectic Flair
Accepting being undercharged? Guilty as "charged." :)
ReplyDeleteHey! Thanks for saying hi! I'm recognizing some Bloomington locales in your photos - nice railroad tracks. :)
ReplyDeleteOh... vacation :) Enjoy your self; have fun.
ReplyDelete♡ TEEZY ♡
I love that shirt! Enjoy Calafornia. :)
ReplyDeleteagentsuperstar-youarehere.blogspot.com